By Joel Faflak,Julia M. Wright
- Focuses on British Romanticism whereas additionally addressing continental and transatlantic Romanticism and previous periods
- Utilizes keyword phrases corresponding to mind's eye, chic, poetics, philosophy, race, historiography, and visible tradition as issues of entry to the learn of Romanticism and the theoretical issues and the tradition of the period
- Explores themes vital to Romanticism reports and the serious traits of the final thirty years
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
Anyplace vampires existed within the imaginations of other peoples, they tailored themselves to the customs of the neighborhood tradition. consequently, vampire lore is very varied. So too, representations of the vampire in inventive works were marked by means of a lot originality. within the Vampyre (1819), John Polidori brought Lord Ruthven and demonstrated the vampire craze of the nineteenth century that ended in a flood of German vampire poetry, French vampire drama, and British vampire fiction.
Carl Thompson explores the romance which can connect to the concept of discomfort in commute, and the significance of the personality of 'suffering traveler' within the Romantic self-fashionings of figures corresponding to Wordsworth and Byron. Situating such self-fashionings within the context of the upsurge of tourism within the overdue eighteenth century, he indicates how the Romantics sought to distinguish themselves from mere travelers via following replacement versions, and replacement shuttle 'scripts', in either their vacationing and their shuttle writing.
Within the first book-length learn of the well-respected and well known British author Elizabeth Hamilton, Claire Grogan addresses an important hole in scholarship that enlarges and complicates serious knowing of the Romantic lady author. From 1797 to 1818, Hamilton released in quite a lot of genres, together with novels, satires, old and academic treatises, and old biography.
On the middle of Wordsworth's matters is the query of the way commute - either international and daily - may additionally develop into an experience into philosophy itself. this can be an paintings of shuttle either as an method of event - person who attracts on behavior on the way to revise them within the surprise of latest - and as a poetic procedure that offers voice to the singular and overseas throughout the particular shapes of verse.
- Coleridge and the Philosophy of Poetic Form (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- Classic Cult Fiction: A Companion to Popular Cult Literature
- The Closed Hand: Images of the Japanese in Modern Peruvian Literature (Purdue Studies in Romance Literatures)
- Rhetoric, Romance, and Technology: Studies in the Interaction of Expression and Culture
- A Concordance to the Poems of John Keats: Volume 3 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
- Gothic kinship
Additional info for A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Joel Faflak,Julia M. Wright