By Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson
- An particularly broad-ranging and available Companion to the research of yankee fiction of the post-civil conflict interval and the early 20th century Brings jointly 29 essays through most sensible students, every one of which provides a synthesis of the simplest study and provides an unique perspective
- Divided into sections on ancient traditions and genres, contexts and topics, and significant authors
- Covers a mix of canonical and the non-canonical subject matters, authors, literatures, and important approaches
- Explores cutting edge themes, reminiscent of ecological literature and ecocriticism, children’s literature, and the impact of Darwin on fiction
Read or Download A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The serious background gathers jointly a wide physique of serious resources on significant figures in literature. every one quantity offers modern responses to a writer's paintings, allowing scholars and researchers to learn for themselves, for instance, reviews on early performances of Shakespeare's performs, or reactions to the 1st book of Jane Austen's novels.
By the point Ian Watt released the increase of the unconventional. in 1957, it used to be transparent that many girls novelists ahead of Jane Austen have been neglected in serious experiences of literature and that a few of them were thoroughly forgotten by means of the examining public. during this e-book, Brian Corman explores the query of the way and why this happened.
Struggling with phrases deals a completely new knowing of what literary naturalism is and why it matters. Ira Wells, countering the traditional narrative of literary naturalism’s much-touted problem with environmental and philosophical determinism, attracts recognition to the polemical essence of the style and demonstrates how literary naturalists engaged as a substitute with explosive political and cultural concerns that stay fervently debated at the present time.
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- On Dolls
- The Anticipation Novelists of 1950s French Science Fiction: Stepchildren of Voltaire (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- Dany Laferriere : Essays on His Works (Essential Writers Series)
- Trinity of Passion: The Literary Left and the Antifascist Crusade
- John Donne – “The Flea” and Andrew Marvell – “To His Coy Mistress”: Metaphysical poetry: Virginity, sexuality and seduction in conceits
Extra info for A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson